Terms and Conditions of using this website
Your use of this website is subject to the following terms and conditions. You should not use this website unless you accept these conditions:
- Free Word accepts no responsibility for the accuracy of information or material accessed through the site, or liability to any person for loss or damages incurred as a result of reliance upon material contained at this website.
- Free Word is not responsible for the content of any linked sites and the inclusion of any link does not imply any endorsement of that linked site.
- If you access these other sites using the links provided, the operators of these sites may collect information from you which will be used by them in accordance with their own privacy policies, which may differ from ours.
- Free Word does not warrant that functions available on this website will be uninterrupted, that defects will be corrected, or that this website or the server that makes it available is free from viruses or bugs.
- You acknowledge that it is your responsibility to implement sufficient procedures and virus checks (including anti-virus and other security checks) to satisfy your particular requirements for the security of data input and output.
- You will only use this website for personal private use.
- Unless otherwise stated, all text, images and audio on this site belong to Free Word.
- Free Word is committed to respecting the intellectual property rights of others. We have therefore taken all reasonable efforts to ensure that the reproduction of all content on these pages, including but not restricted to images, text and audio, is done with the full consent of copyright owners.
- You may print or download any part of the materials on this website for personal use only, and any copies must retain the copyright or other intellectual property notices contained in the original material. Any other use could lead to action or breach of copyright.
- No part of this website may be reproduced by any process without written permission from Free Word.
Terms and conditions of Sale and Exchanges
- For ticketed events, including those where tickets are free of charge, every member of the audience must have a valid ticket.
- Discounted tickets (concessions) are available for many ticketed events and details of the types of discounts available are provided at the point of sale. Please contact us prior to booking if you have any questions about whether the discounted rate applies to you or other attendees included your booking. We reserve the right to ask you to provide information to support the discount you have claimed.
- Free Word does not normally refund or exchange tickets. For fully booked events, if we are able to re-sell your ticket we will arrange for the full price of your ticket to be refunded to you using the same payment method as your original booking.
- Free Word does not issue printed tickets in advance. You will receive an email notification of your booking. When you arrive, we will issue you with a ticket upon confirmation of your name and/or order number. We recommend that you arrive 10 minutes before the advertised start time.
- Free Word reserves the right to issue more tickets than the event capacity for free of charge events. This is based on our experience that on average approximately a third of tickets booked for free of charge events are not used. We strongly recommend that you arrive at least 15 minutes before the advertised start time for such events.
- Tickets must not be re-sold for profit or commercial gain by any outlet other than Free Word or one of its authorised agents.
- Free Word reserves the right to make any alterations to the advertised programme as necessary.
- If it is necessary for Free Word to cancel or reschedule an event, we will contact you by email with details of the changes and how this affects your booking. If for any reason it is necessary to cancel an event on the day of the event, we will contact you by phone if you have provided a phone number, or otherwise by email. We cannot be held responsible for phone or email messages that do not reach you in time.
- All visitors are expected to follow our Code of Conduct at all times when on our premises. The Code of Conduct is displayed prominently in our venue.
Your statutory rights are not affected.
Booking for courses, classes, workshops or other professional development activity
- By booking for a course, class, workshop or other professional development activity at Free Word run by a different organisation (a third party), you are agreeing to receive advance materials or preparatory information directly from the third party, should they need to send this in order to deliver the events you have signed up for. We will share your contact information, usually your name and email address, directly with the third party organisation so that they can get in touch for this purpose only. You should not book for third party events of this nature if you do not wish to be contacted directly by the organiser with advance materials or preparatory information.
Admission to events
- Free Word reserves the right to refuse admission to any attendee.
- Admission is not guaranteed to latecomers, although will be offered wherever possible. Latecomers may be asked to wait until a suitable break in the event.
- Some events, classes, performances or screenings may be unsuitable for children. Free Word will advertise age restrictions wherever possible, and may refuse entry to anyone the Duty Manager deems to be underage.
- The event Duty Manager’s decision on admission is final.
Filming, recording and electronic devices at events
- By purchasing a ticket, you accept that Free Word may film, record or photograph you as an audience member at our events. Notices will be clearly visible in the venue when an event is going to be filmed, recorded or photographed. If you do not wish to be filmed, photographed or recorded, please let the Duty Manager know before the event begins.
- Mobile phones, pagers and watches should be silenced throughout performances.
- We reserve the right to refuse entry of, and use of, recording equipment throughout the venue. Please seek the permission of the Duty Manager before filming, recording or taking photographs of performers, speakers or others delivering the event. We never allow filming, recording or photographing of event attendees or Free Word staff by event attendees not involved in delivering the event.
Space hire bookings
- Bookings to hire our event or meeting room spaces are subject to separate terms and conditions which will be provided at the point of confirming your booking. Please contact us if you wish to review these terms and conditions before making a booking enquiry.
Comments, Feedback and Complaints
Please let us know how we are doing. Free Word makes every effort to provide a high standard of service and to treat all visitors equally and fairly. We want to continue to improve our services and we value any feedback that will help us to do this.
Comments and Feedback
If you are happy with your experience at our venue or on our website, or have any comments, we would love to hear from you. You can do this by speaking to a member of our team, completing our contact form or writing to us (details below).
If you ask for a response, we will respond to your feedback as soon as we can, using your preferred method of communication.
We also want to know if there is any part of your experience with us that you are unhappy with. We take complaints very seriously and we will take action when appropriate to do so. Please note that we may publish the replies given to any complaints raised, but will respect the confidentiality of the individuals concerned.
How to make a complaint
The first thing to do if you are unhappy about any aspect of your experience with us is to bring this to the attention of a member of our team. They will try to solve your concerns immediately, if possible. If you are unhappy with the way you have been treated by a member of our team please let us know.
If you cannot or do not wish to make a complaint in person, you have the option of emailing, writing or phoning us.
If you wish to address your complaint to a specific member of our team, names and roles are available here.
How to help us deal effectively and quickly with your complaint:
- Contact us as soon as possible after the experience you wish to complain about has occurred
- Include your name and contact details: this is essential as we will not investigate anonymous complaints
- Outline the nature of your complaint as precisely as possible eg. include the date, place and time of any incident that has taken place
- Let us know if you have already reported the complaint and if any action was taken previously
- Let us know your preferred method of communication for our response
What we will do to help resolve your complaint
- Your complaint will be dealt with in a professional and confidential manner
- Your complaint will be assigned quickly to the most appropriate person to deal with it. They will investigate the matter fully and communicate regularly with you using your preferred method of communication until the issue has been resolved
- We will acknowledge any complaints received by post or email within 5 working days of receipt
- We aim to give you a full response to your written complaint within 10 working days. If this is not possible, we will keep you informed.
How to contact us
Our full contact details are available here.
If you wish you use the Contact Form to register a complaint, please choose General Enquiry as the Type of Enquiry.